Our view when we step off the metro every day- the cathedral at the Duomo! It's breathtaking!
I had my first day off yesterday and it felt so good to sleep in!! I slept until 10:30 am (amazing next to my every day 5:30am wakeup call!) I spent some time in my room getting organized and then I took a long Arbonne detox spa bath! It helped with the achy legs I have from running up and down the stairs at the store! I finally got to talk to Kellen, well, I talked, and he typed since he can't find the set up disk for his webcam and can't seem to find the microphone on his computer! Haha- we tried! After that I went to the pharmacist with one of my team members who was suffering from a sinus infection- we got her some meds, sat down and ate lunch, then decided to try and go to the Duomo cathedral. Then I remembered you can't wear shorts into the cathedral and I definately had shorts on- bummer!
We made a trip to the grocery store then met up with some other people from the store and had dinner at an italian restaurant near the Duomo. Instead of wine this time we decided on having some beer. Another girl on my team asked for a large beer and I said I'd take the same. Well turns out a large beer there was a 1 liter beer! They brought them out and we about fell on the floor laughing!
Today after work we went to a restaurant on the roof of a department store by work. We were right next to the Duomo and had an amazing view from the rooftop! Mrs Lynn- I finally ordered Risotto and I loved it! Another girl with us ordered a pizza with sea food on it and it came out with whole squids on it! It was sooo gross!!! We dared a guy on the team to eat one and he did! He said it wasn't that bad, but it was hard to chew up to swallow- yuck!!
The weather here is pretty gloomy. The forcast has said it is suppose to rain for the past week straight and it hasn't yet. One of the associates at the store told us the weather report is never right! But I've been carrying around an umbrella just in case! I'm so jealous of Mom who is going to be in the 90 degree weather in Cancun next week!! But she deserves it!!
Well, I'm exhausted, so I'm going to get to bed! Love you all!

The bruschetta looks yummy! And the pic of the Duomo is awesome! The architecture of the buildings is amazing! Cant wait to see more pics! Don't forget about the Last Supper!
ReplyDeleteIt was good talking to you today! Hopefully Kellen will figure it out, I know he's smart enough!
Rest well! You have lots of work to do!
Love you!
Glad you tried & liked the risotto - did I not warn you about the seafood? I guess if you grow up seeing it with head, eyes, legs, etc. it's not as bad, but it actually tastes better than it looks. With those beers it looks like you're sitting at Oktoberfest in Munich - I guess you can pretend. Glad you included a picture of the 'mall' in town - that was where we found Amanda's Easter dress one year - we paid enough for it, she wore it for about 3 years after that! Thanks for the notes & pics - keep 'em coming.
ReplyDeleteGirl you are living the good life. It looks amazing there. I know you are working hard but what an experience. So did you drink all of the large beer? Nothing new and exciting here. Gamecocks have lost only one game. That's pretty exciting. Stay safe. Work hard, play hard. Ciao bella!
ReplyDelete