Friday, March 26, 2010

Finally here!

Yesterday was the longest day of my life! So my original flight was suppose to leave at 3:40pm, so around 12:50 after I brought all of my luggage downstairs ready to go I get a call from Delta "Your flight has been cancelled." Awesome. So after a minor freak out I got ahold of A&F travel and I got re-booked a few different times to get me here before I had to be at work. I got a flight out at 7:30pm and right when I got to the airport- "Your flight has been delayed." Of course it has. So I sat down and had some dinner and proceeded to my gate to witness a women choking on a piece of ice, people yelling for an ambulance, and a woman giving the elder lady the heimlich. Yikes! She was ok, but it was a very dramatic 2 minutes haha!
When I finally reached Amsterdam of course I had trouble checking in and had to wait in 2 long lines to get a boarding pass and once again almost missed my flight. But I did make it to Cardiff and our welcoming gift- LoTs of rain!! I heard the weather here was gross and they weren't kidding! Cardiff is a very cool town though, we are staying right next to the Cardiff Castle and have plans to go explore there one morning before work!
We worked for a couple hours yesterday- the store is amazing already! I can't wait to get merchandise in and set the whole thing up! It is an upgraded Hollister, so it looks a lot different than most of the stores in the US. It has really pretty printed wallpaper throughout the store and 3 huge chandeliers on the porch and in the lounge. I'll take pictures :)
We ate at a famous italian resaurant in Cardiff last night called Jamies. I ordered a breaded fish meal and didn't eat one bite of it! Everything on the plate had eyes! It was so sick! So I ate lots of potatoes and of course ordered desert to make up for my nasty meal! Everyone else enjoyed their meals and I had some of the famous Welsh lamb (very delish!).
My hotel room is very nice! I slept like a baby last night and can't wait to test out the shower! We have a long day today, working 11:30am to around midnight. Hope everyone has a great day! Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment