FINALLY here!! Milan is gorgeous, just had a fantastic margharita pizza and a glass of wine! I think I could get use to this...
Traveling went well, with a few bumps in the road! After some check-in confusion and losing my boarding pass somewhere between security and my gate in Charlotte.. I got to Atlanta and met up with my team! We changed into sweats for the over night flight and boarded the plane! We ended up sitting on the runway for about 40 minutes due to a broken overhead compartment latch.. then because of a "technical glitch" in the airplane's system... very calming words for someone who is already freaked out!!
We finally got into the air and got fed a pretty good meal- I had some kind of pasta, salad, and a delicious chocolate chip brownie!
The funniest part of the flight were the people! I had a kid over a row and in front of me that was turned around in his seat staring at me for half of the flight. A definate scene right out of "the Sweetest Thing", but I didn't have a statue of Jesus to point out to get the kid to turn around! There were 2 newlywed couples on the flight, one couple in their late 30's with matching "Bride" and "Groom" shirts on (his idea, I'm sure) and one in directly in front of us that continuously played kissy face and dissappeared at one point in the flight... I'm just sayin.
Thankfully, I was sitting with Johanna, one of the other girls on my team! She was an awesome travel buddy! As the complimentary wine was being served we were amazed at how quickly the Italians on the flight put back their glasses of wine- they are pros!
When we landed in Milan I held back the need to clap and cheer for a safe landing... Customs was a breeze, they found out we were Abercrombie girls and asked no other questions! Then cam the saddest part of my day... no luggage. Everyone else got their luggage except for me! But the woman at the lost luggage counter located it in Atlanta and it should be delivered to my hotel sometime tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed!!
The hotel is amazing! We are staying at the Hilton Milano, one of the nicest hotels in Milan! The room is very cute- perfect for one person!! It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the lights on and how to flush the toilet.. who knew the simplest things were so different!!
We got into town at the tail end of Fashion Week!! One of the guys on my team was on a flight with Evana Trump and helped her put her luggage into her overhead compartment!! After a short power nap and a looong shower we are going to head out on the town for some good food and nightlife!! We start work Thursday, so we have to get as much fun in as we can!
I'll keep you posted! All my love,
Keri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have fun! I'm really jealous!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting. That is the BEST PIZZA in the world...bad news, it never tastes that good in the states EVER. Eat all you can.
ReplyDeleteWait till you find a bakery...your gonna want one of everything....ENJOY it ALL. Did they give you a per diem for food each day? If so that rocks.
Praying for you luggage to get there..
did you mean Ivanka Trump? That's really funny, you're so cool. Have so much fun :) Bring me back an Italian, hahahahaha
ReplyDeleteHope the luggage arrives okay and soon. You're first call home could be "send money".. LOL.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Thanks for blogging, Keri -- so cool! Was that a 'smart bus' that picked you up at the airport? Loved the picture of the alps. I'm glad you're safe & sound - sounds like you've already gotten into the Italian culture of pizza & vino -- when over there we told Amanda that was the only 'margherita' she was allowed to order! :-) Keep us posted on everything - hope you've gotten your luggage by now.
ReplyDelete