Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bring on the pain!

Hello all! Hope you guys are doing well! I am laying in bed enjoying my last day off of the trip! I was suppose to have off Thurdsay, but my day got moved up because our CEO, Mike Jeffries, is now coming Saturday instead of Sunday. What does that mean?? Well, for us it means 14 hour days and no sleep!!! Let the hard work begin!! We are starting full overnights on Thursday and pretty much are going to be at the store around the clock until the store is 100% ready to open! I am not really upset about all the work because I'm so anxious to see what it will look like when it is all complete- it's already amazing!
Our biggest issue at the store has been the stockroom- basically it is waaaay too small to hold all the merchandise we recieved. So, we have had to make walls out of cardboard boxes to hold all the merchandise that won't fit in the bays in the stockroom. It's insane! So we have had to re-do (over, and over, and over..) a lot of the sales floor to try and get as much merchandise on the floor as possible. It's definately been interesting. A lot of verrrry important people in the A&F world are coming to the store this week- so it should be interesting to see how they respond to the cardboard craziness!
I haven't really done much outside of work this week- we went back to some of our favorite restaurants since we know we won't be eating out much this week! I had my first try at hand washing clothes.. and it will be the last time that happens! I'm guessing the maid had a good laugh when she walked into my room to clean it the next day! I had clothes hanging everywhere! We are going to try and go to the laundrymat again today- the man that runs the place speaks NO english and seems to have constant issues with his washers and dryers! We aren't going to do much else today- laundry, snack shopping for our long days of work, and trying to find some gifts to take home!! Nothing crazy though (sorry, no one is getting Italian shoes..) everything here is crazy expensive! The Euro is killing the dollar right now!
I'm going to post more pictures from my site seeing tour last week- enjoy!
Love you all! Back to the states in 10 days! Then the Japanese adventure begins :)

2 comments:

  1. No Italian shoes for Mom? Whats up with that! :)

    Enjoy your time there! Knock the socks off the A&F big dogs!

    Love you!
    PS I knew you wouldnt enjoy that hand washing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the laundry...we did ours at one in Florence....took us forever just to find it...then figure out the machines...but I have never tried hand washing. Does not sound like a fun task.

    Are you going to be there for the Grande Opening or do you leave before then?

    I didn't really go into clothing stores in Italy...I knew the prices would knock me out. So I didn't even go look. We did most of our buying from street vendors and open air markets...which was lots of fun.

    It seems to by going by so fast from our end here...hope you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete