Thursday, October 1, 2009

Work Work Work!!




First 2 days of work complete & I am exhausted!! The store is going to be AMAZING! It's 4 stories total- 3 of store and 1 stockroom. The walls, ceilings, and floors are all dark granite, there are mirrors and dark wood everywhere- its fancy! It took the whole first 2 days to figure out how to get around the store! I still got lost quite a few times today!


The associates and managers at the store are the most friendly people I have ever met and are SO excited about A&F coming to Italy! I was surprised today at how much English the young Italians knew- it was a sigh of relief!!


We built all the shelfs and put up all the marketing today- it took 7 new store members, around 20 store managers, and around 40 associates to do it for the whole store- and we worked non stop for 8 hours. That's how HUGE the store is!! We still aren't even 100% complete with that part! There is an overnight team that is there right now finishing up our stuff and taking truck loads of girls merchandise tonight. This store is the first ever Flagship A&F adult and a92 kids store so there are a lot of changes and adjusting to do along the way!


Yesterday I decided I had to have a cheeseburger and had a surprisingly good one at the hotel restaurante!! We had more Italian food for lunch and dinner today. We found an amazing deli just down the road from the store and have been going there for lunch. They found out we were in town with A&F and treat us like royalty! It's too funny! I ordered a little sandwich today that I thought looked good.. until I sat down to eat it and noticed it was on bread that had huge olives baked into it.. not for me! So I picked at it and just ate lots of bread!! That's the first thing I have gotten and not really enjoyed- and I'm venturing out a lot more than I normally do!




Well not too much exciting stuff has been happening since work started- boo! I saw my gypsy friends our first day of work at the metro station- but we made sure they knew what "NO!" meant this time!


The best part of the journey to work is the view! We walk past the Duomo every day and every night and it is just breathtaking! I took a couple pictures of it on my way home tonight- I'll take more of the front of it on the way to work tomorrow! The pictures don't do justice to how amazing it is! I will definately make the climb to the top of it on one of my days off!


Well, that's all for now! Had a looong 10 hour day today- so I'm going to watch some tv on my computer and hit the hay!


Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they're working you pretty hard but I'm sure it will be worth it! Imagine the accomplishment when you see it ready and done for opening day!
    I saw some pictures you were tagged on in FB, awesome pics of the Duomo during the day! it looks amazing! Are you going to get to see the Last Supper?
    Kayla and I just made it Ohio, watching Survivor and waiting for Nanny and Aunt Debbie to get home. And I'm tired!
    Love you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're fairing well on the food part so far. That olive bread is probably ciabata, and sometimes it has cheese or tomatoes in it too. Doesn't sound like you're starving, so that's good. It's nice to know you can get a burger when you have one of those cravings, though. The most amazing part of the duomo is the number of statues on it and inside it - hundreds, if not more, I think - the most of any other cathedral in Europe for sure! Keep up the pictures and notes to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have an awesome per diem...make sure you spend it well....the food sounds awesome and you A&F girls sound like rockstars. Keep exploring new places to eat....I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see more pictures....No lounging on your day off...get out there and see it. You can sleep when you get home.

    ReplyDelete